August is a time for rest for the team in Madagascar, and here in the UK rest is happening in relay fashion so that we can hit the ground running again in September. In Madagascar that will be the next wave of MMSs, whilst in the UK we will be focusing on the charity Abseil on 6th October.
Thank you for praying
In the UK:
- Please pray for more people to take part in our abseil on the 6th October (We’re abseiling down the ArcelorMittal Orbit pictured above)
- We ask God for more volunteers, regular donors and prayer partners
- Please ask for wisdom for the board
- We give thanks that Catherine and her family are finally in their own home
- Please pray for more churches and groups to request talks from us
- Please give thanks for safe and fun times at our events this summer
- We thank God for Andy achieving what we wanted to in terms of maintenance on the trailer and hovercraft so that the team can rely on them in the coming months and that he was able to get all the parts needed safely over to Madagascar.
- We are grateful for a great and relaxing holiday for Andy and his family in Madagascar.
- Thanks to God for a baby boy for Maholi, born on Saturday the 4th, weighing 3kg. Mum and baby doing well.
- We give thanks for our new partnership with IMPACT, an environmental NGO who we will work with in October, who want us to run MMS where they work as well as transporting them to and from their destinations to survey the area and carry to their projects.
- Please pray for York University third year student, Hugh Pomeroy, as he flies out to Madagascar for three months as our photo journalist. He will return just before Christmas.
“No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8 NLT
Such a short passage, but for me at least, not an easy one to live by. Even working out what is right stumps me sometimes. Right for me? For those around me? For God? Can we do all three? Answers on a postcard.