Our Madagascar Medical Safari programme has been working flat out over the last month and that is set to continue. We have put on extra trips to meet the huge need, so over the next few weeks please pray for renewed energy for the team and for extra financial provision to cover the unplanned and much needed medication.
Thank you for praying
In the UK:
- We give thanks for a positive response in Milton Keynes where Catherine was speaking this month
- Please pray that we have enough volunteers to support us at each of our events this year and to get more sign-ups at 2018 events to volunteer next year at our 2019 events
- We ask God for more regular donors signing up and more grant applications to be successful so that more money to comes in
- Please pray for new trustees for HoverAid Netherlands – Sam and Catherine will be visiting the Netherlands board in June, we need some more passionate people with fresh ideas
- Please pray for the 308 hovercraft to work well during events this summer
- Please pray for wisdom and insight as Andy, Peter and the volunteers in the workshop continue to maintain the 308 which seems to have lost some power for some reason
- As the deadline approaches this week, we ask that the new data protection regulations are brought in easily and smoothly in HoverAid and for all those who wish to remain in contact to send back their forms or confirm their preferences online
- We would love more opportunities to speak about HoverAid, please pray for the right openings
- Please pray for Catherine for listening and hearing God’s guidance to lead well
- We give thanks for the 4 MMSs in April – we had so many patients (770) on what should have been the last one in Marolambo, that we went back again and helped a further 615 people! Praise God! This is new region for us along the East Coast.
- Please lift up Maholi – who has been sick with flu whilst pregnant, never fun at the best of times, please pray for strength and sleep and good health
- Please pray for more ultrasound volunteers, we only have two currently, so when they aren’t available we cannot do scanning.
- Please pray for the political situation. Demonstrations in the capital are frequent. The first day resulted in 2 dead and 16 casualties. The division between the army and the government is increasing. Please pray for a peaceful solution ahead of the presidential elections at the end of the year.
Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. Do not stifle the Holy Spirit. 1 Thessalonians 5 v16-19 NLT
I like to think I’m joyful. But to be honest, I struggle to be joyful when I’m sick or waiting to see the doctor. The Malagasy’s I’ve met are joyful in situations that are hard to imagine in the UK. So a long walk to join a massive queue for the doctor is something they take in their strike (excuse the pun). At Pentecost, I pray we don’t stifle the Holy Spirit and that we find joy in all that we face.