In the UK we’ve just had a very HoverAid-focused weekend with the Abseil scheduled for Saturday and our hovercraft (RR308 pictured at the bottom of this email) and team attending Milton Country Park on Sunday. In Madagascar, RR403 (pictured below) had it’s first flight with new NGO partner Impact on Saturday. It’s all been quite exciting!
Thank you for praying
In the UK:
We praise God for:
- A joint initiative with Malagasy fashion company, Kameleon Rose- who will give us ten pounds for every dress that we sell through a discount code.
- The abseil at the end of October. It went well with eight more people safely abseiling down.
- Good progress in reaching our financial target for the last quarter of the year.
- The Bishop of Berwick, the Rt Revd Mark Tanner. He has agreed to be an ambassador for us.
- The safe return of Catherine from South Africa and that it was a successful trip, closing her bank account and getting their possessions on a ship, after almost a decade of living there.
We ask God for:
- Healing for Andy as he has been in hospital with a bad and extremely painful back.
- More people willing to abseil in April.
- More volunteers to run events.
- More regular donors and prayer partners.
- Wisdom for the board and new board members to step up.
- That we will hit our financial target for the last quarter with ease.
- We thank God for Steve our volunteer aviation electrician who has now successfully completed his time with us, pray for him as he returns home to his wife in the UK. Give thanks for the generous donation of his time to us and also the financial donation from him which meant that the water tank has now been replaced so that the office has better running water when the pressure is high enough.
- We pray for the staff and patients at the MMS which went out on the 13th of this month.
- We praise God for successful time with IMPACT NGO- running again this month for 3- 4 weeks.
- We ask for pray for Patrick and the team of mechanics as they continue to work on the Vortex hovercraft.
- We ask for the continued safety and fulfillment for Hugh as he spends his last few weeks with us.
- We pray for safe travels for Peter VB who is returning to Holland for two weeks to see his Dad who is very sick.
- We seek God’s wisdom for further partnerships with other organisations needing hovercraft to get from A to B.
- We ask for fair and peaceful elections in December (they’ve just had round one, but no one managed to get a large enough share of the vote so there will be a second run between the two main rivals Ravalomanana and Rajaonarimampianina).
The photo is of a flood-proof platform and pump in Miandrivazo
“The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.” John 1:4-5 NLT
Spiritually, Madagascar can be quite dark in places. On my first trip out there, I struggled on one particular day, as I tried to get my head around the spiritual practices I was witnessing. But God’s light was, and is, shining in that place. Constantly.