In the UK we’ve just had a very HoverAid-focused weekend with the Abseil scheduled for Saturday and our hovercraft (RR308 pictured at the bottom of this email) and team attending Milton Country Park on Sunday. In Madagascar, RR403 (pictured below) had it’s first flight with new NGO partner Impact on Saturday. It’s all been quite exciting!
Thank you for praying
In the UK:
We praise God for:
- Glorious weather at the Milton Country Park Autumn Festival this month and very happy hovercraft riders. Whilst overall the event sadly made a loss, due to lower numbers of participants – those who came really enjoyed themselves and we had some very positive feedback from the public.
- Safety- God has been very merciful to us and we have had no issues of safety in spite of several potential mishaps this year.
- Our amazing abseiling volunteers who collectively raised around ten thousand pounds even though the event had to be postponed (due to safety concerns regarding the inclement weather)
- That two of our volunteers DID abseil down meaning we could show them on social media and hopefully encourage others
- For the new opportunity to find 15 more abseilers and sponsorship of them
- Several unexpected donations which have all gone towards bringing us closer to our target of £25,000
We ask God for:
- More volunteers to run their own events
- More regular donors and prayer partners
- Coverage/raised awareness of Madagascar by the UK press
- Continued wisdom for the board
- That we can fill all 15 spaces on the abseil
- That those who didn’t abseil will return and complete it safely and have lots of fun
- Patience and success for Catherine as she returns to South Africa to get her container of possessions actually on a ship and sailing here, and to be able to close her bank account.
- We praise God for our new partnership with IMPACT which is going well in its first two weeks
- We are thankful that testing the hovercraft after recent maintenance has gone well
- Praise God that our newly refurbished trailer is working well on its first trip up North this month.
- We thank God for a recent donation meaning that the leaking water tank at the Mada office is now being fixed
- Thanks to God for 486 people attending and receiving treatment at the latest MMS in Ankavandra
- We pray for the family of one young boy, who sadly the doctors could not save and who died during the MMS.
- We give thanks for the the safe arrival of Steve Houghton our Aviation electrician volunteer
- We are grateful for the amazing photos and stories from Hugh Pomeroy our volunteer photo journalist/ social media writer
- We ask God for further partnerships with new organisations needing hovercraft to get from A to B in Madagascar
“Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.” Romans 12:12 NLT”
“Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.”1 Thessalonians 5:18 NLT
These two passages have really spoken to me this week. We can’t always control our circumstances but we can often control our attitude within them. Be patient, keep praying, and above all be thankful. I think that last one is the hardest, certainly for me.