We’re really excited for the remaining MMS’s of the year in Madagascar, whilst in the UK our focus is on increasing our regular income to enable this work to continue and expand. We also have an event at Milton Country Park in Cambridge on 24 September to raise awareness of our work. Never a dull moment.
Thank you for praying
In the UK:
- Please pray that we would be able to raise £25000 before year end
- Please ask God for more people for the fundraising abseil- we need another 16 to make the money we need for the remaining MMS this year
- We pray for more volunteers to take initiative and run events on their own
- Please pray for regular donors (so that we can plan better) and prayer partners to help us remain focused on God’s plan
- Please ask for wisdom for the board as they make some tough decisions
- We would love more churches / groups to ask for more talks before Christmas
- As we look forward please pray that the Christmas appeal will bring in money in time for the possible/probable cyclones in the new year
- Thanks for safety at all of our summer events and for new contacts made
- We ask that there will be more coverage of Madagascar in the press and social media
- We are grateful for a relaxing holiday for Catherine and family
- We are thankful for a retired aviation electrician, Steve Houghton, a volunteer who we met at Creation Fest and who is traveling out to Madagascar this month for six weeks to work with the team.
- Please pray for Maholi’s baby to gain more weight- he is not putting on as much as he should
- We pray for our two MMS’s this month, especially the one with our new partner IMPACT
- We are thankful for the safe arrival of Hugh Pomeroy, our new photo journalist and his quick adjustment and settlement into his new environment and role. Thanks that he is using his French and is enjoying being with the team and attending church and playing football, please pray that he will not be lonely and will find others to spend free time with.
- Thanks to God that the farmers are harvesting the beans we delivered and they grew after the devastation of the cyclone earlier this year and are selling them at market (see picture above)
“So if you’re serious about living this new resurrection life with Christ, act like it. Pursue the things over which Christ presides. Don’t shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ—that’s where the action is. See things from his perspective.” Colossians 3 1-2 The Message
This for me really helps me focus on what’s important. The bigger picture. God’s plan. While we are worrying about money; relationships; health, we can miss what God is intending for our lives. I pray we walk around with our eyes looking up.